By Apostle Trevor Govender (Prof)
ACCORDING TO THY [GOD’S] WORD
· 7 IS COMPLETENESS?
· NOTICE GOD GAVE FOR 7 YEARS THEN WITHHELD FOR 7 YEARS.
· ADMINISTRATION OF GOD’S PROVISION IS IMPORTANT.
STATICS = 1975 to 1982 – An Abundance of
= 1983 to 1988 – We received but not everything. Famine & rumors of war
= 1989 to 1995 – An Abundance of everything (Many people where saved)
= 1996 to 2002 – Homosexuality increased, Fuel price increase, Attack’s on
· NOTICE THE 7 YEARS BETWEEN PERIODS.
· HERE REVELATION, FROM 2003 TO 2009, WE WILL RECEIVE IN AN ABUNDANCE AGAIN.
· NOT JUST IN WEALTH BUT PEOPLE WILL BE RUNNING TO GOD
· HERE’S A CHALLENGE-WHAT DO WE DO TO GET READY?
· KNOW THE WORD OF GOD.
· HAS MARY SAID, “BE IT UNTO ME ACCORDING TO THY WORD”, LUKE 1:38
· JOSEPH NEVER DOUBTED GOD’S WORD. EVENTUALLY FROM PRISONER TO 2nd HIGHEST IN THE LAND OF EGYPT
DWELLING IN HIS PRESENCE
GET IN, TO GET OUT
SEEKING GODS COUNSEL
(Getting in, to get out)
THE FAMILY BUSINESS
· ROMANS 4:17 TELLS US,“GOD CALLETH THOSE THINGS, WHICH BE NOT AS THOUGH THEY WERE”.
· HEBREWS 11:1 TELLS US THAT, “NOW FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN”.
· JAMES 2:26 TELLS US, “FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD”.
· ABRAM WAS CALLED ABRAHAM (father of many nations) BUT NOTICE THAT HE WAS A CHILDNESS OLD MAN AND HAD A BARREN OLD WIFE.
· LOVE, JOY, PEACE, FORGIVENESS ETC WITHOUT ACTION IS DEAD.
· WE LEARN A VALUABLE LESSON FROM JEREMAIH 17:9-10, WATCH YOUR MIND AND HEART, THE THINGS THOUGHT OF OR CONCEIVED IN THERE WILL BRING THE OUTCOME OF YOUR FUTURE BE IT GOOD OR BAD.
· WHEN YOU GET IN THE FAMILY BUSINESS NOTICE THAT YOU WORK HARD AND SMART BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT YOU WILL REAP.
· WHO AS FAITH AS LITTLE AS A MUSTARD SEED?
· PEOPLE COME TO SEE MIRCLES BUT GET NOTHING, WHY? BECAUSE WE ARE ASKING FOR THE WRONG THING AT THE WRONG TIME.
· LET ME SHED SOME LIGHT ON THE SUBJECT. WHEN WE PRAY FOR SOMEONE WITH SICKNESS WE MUST ASK FOR HEALING. WHEN WE WANT MANNA FROM HEAVEN ASK FOR A MIRCLE.
· GOD SAID, “ IT IS GOOD”. HOW IS IT THAT PEOPLE LOVE EVIL AND HATE GOOD?
· WE DON’T TALK BAD ABOUT OUR FAMILY MEMBERS SO WHY DO WE DO THAT WITH OUR CHRISTIAN BROTHERS AND
· YOU PRAY FOR THE WRONG BLESSING AT THE WRONG TIME AND DON’T RECEIVE
YOU PRAY FOR THE RIGHT BLESSING AT THE RIGHT TIME AND STILL DON’T RECEIVE
YOU SHOULD PRAY FOR GOD’S BLESSINGS AT GOD’S TIME.
· BY CONTAMINATED I MEAN THAT YOU STOPPED “BELEIVING ONLY”
· FEAR CONTAMINATED YOUR FAITH (GIVING FAITH, HEALING FAITH, PRAYER FAITH, RECEIVING FAITH, ETC)
· PEOPLE STARTED PRAYING FEAR BASED PRAYER RATHER THAN FAITH BASED PRAYERS.
· EXAMPLE OF FEAR BASED PRAYERS, JOB 3:25-26 – JOB PRAYED & MADE SACRIFICE FOR HIS CHILDREN AS SOON AS THEY LEFTED THE HOME BECAUSE HE TOUGHT THAT THEY WOULD SIN AGAINST GOD OR CURSE GOD.
· FEAR IS NOT AN OPTION.
· 2 TIMOTHY 1:7 SAYS, “FOR GOD DID NOT GIVE US A SPIRIT OF TIMIDITY, BUT A SPIRIT OF POWER, OF LOVE AND SELF DISCIPLINE”.
· HEBREWS 2:14-15 SAYS, “ SINCE THE CHILDREN HAVE FLESH AND BLOOD, HE TO SHARED IN THEIR HUMANITY SO THAT BY HIS DEATH HE (JESUS) MIGHT DESTROY HIM (DEVIL) WHO HOLDS THE POWER OF DEATH/ THAT IS, THE DEVIL/ AND FREE THOSE WHO ALL THERE LIVES WERE HELD IN SLAVERY BY THEIR FEAR OF DEATH”.
JAIRUS HAD 3 MAJOR CHALLENGES. EACH AN
1. The account of the woman with the issue of blood (LUKE 8:46-48).
2. News that is daughter had passed away (LUKE 8:49-51)
3. When JESUS cleaned house by ordering everyone out (LUKE 52-54)
· MARK 4:14-15 SAYS, “THE FARMER SOWS THE WORD. SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SEED ALONG THE PATH, WERE THE WORD IS SOWN. AS SOON AS THEY HEAR IT, satan COMES AND TAKES AWAY THE WORD THAT WAS SOWN IN THEM”.
· 1 JOHN 4:18 SAYS, “THERE IS NO FEAR IN LOVE. BUT PERFECT LOVE DRIVES OUT FEAR, BECAUSE FEAR IS TOO DOING WITH PUNISHMENT. THE ONE WHO FEARS IS NOT MADE PERFECT IN LOVE.”
THE FULLNESS OF LOVE [GOD]
· “KEEPING YOURSELVES IN GOD’S LOVE”.
· “BEING ROOTED AND ESTABLISHED IN LOVE”.
· LOVE IS GOD AND GOD IS LOVE.
· PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT; IS SPIRITUAL TRAINING.
· ROMANS 5:5
· LOVE LIVES IN YOU
JOHN ON THE ISLE OF
· LIVING WITH AND IN LOVE, YOU HAVE A FEAR FREE LIFE STYLE
· PEOPLE DON’T WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH YOU KNOW THEY WANT TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CARE.
· NICODEMUS DID NOT KNOW LOVE [JOHN 3:1-21] BUT HE SOUGHT LOVE OUT.
· ZACCHAEUS THE TAX COLLECTOR WANTED TO SEE LOVE NOT JUST HEAR [LUKE19: 1-10]
· LOVE IS COMPASSIONATE.
· TO LOVE, LOVE, IS TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
· MARK 11:24
· PEOPLE ARE TIED OF HEARING ABOUT JESUS LETS START SHOWING THEM JESUS IN US
· READ EPHESIANS 3:19
GOD’S TOP SECRET INFORMATION
· FAITH EXPECTS SUCCESS – FEAR EXPECTS FAILURE
· FAITH EXPECTS THE BEST – FEAR EXPECTS THE WORST
· FAITH EXPECTS THE DESIRED RESULT – FEAR EXPECTS THE DREADED OUTCOME
· JOB EXPECTED THE WORST (JOB3.25) AND THE WORST IS WHAT HE GOT.
· WE ARE PREGNANT AND FILLED WITH ANTICIPATION, CARRYING THE SEED OF GOD’S LIVING WORD IN THE WOMB OF OUR HEARTS.
· WHEN A LADY IS EXPECTING THEY START MAKING PREPARATIONS FOR THE CHILD, IT IS THE SAME WHEN EXPECTING SOMETHING FROM GOD.
· PHILI 1:19-20 NOTICE HE SAID “WOULD TURN” MEANING DIRECTION
· MANY PEOPLE ARE EXPECTING BUT IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.
· LET’S AIM OUR EXPECTATION IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
GETTING THE GLORY OF GOD INSIDE
· From this we understand that the Power of HIS resurrection is actually the glory.
· In Exodus Moses cries out to God: “I beseech thee, show me thy glory” and God said, “I will make all my goodness pass before thee”
· When the tangible force of God’s goodness makes an appearance, it’s called [The glory of God]
· Zechariah likened the appearance of the glory to that of “bright clouds” (Zech 10:1).
· “Clouds of Glory” this is repeated throughout the bible in Exodus 16:10, Luke 2:9, Matthew 17:5 and Acts 9
face was so radiant with the glory of God, Matthew 17:2, ‘Jesus face did shine
as the sun, and His raiment was white as the light” and John on the Isle of
· The description of Jesus after His death and many years later differs. Notice in the first days when he appeared to the disciples there wasn’t anything special about His appearance but when John describes Him in Revelation it’s different, Why, cause Jesus has spent years in the manifested Glory of God.
REVELATION FROM REVELATIONS
Scripture Reading: Revelations 21:5
And HE that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful
And HE (T1) who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making (T2) all things new.” And HE said, “Write, for these (T3) words are faithful and true.”
References to the in details of the wording in context:
T1 = Revelations 4:9 and Revelations 20:11
T2 = 2 Corinthians 5:17 and Hebrews 12:27
T3 = Revelations 19:9 and Revelations 22:6
Commentaries on the Scripture broken up:
1) And HE that sitteth on the throne said..
God himself is the speaker here, somewhat of a rarity in Revelation.
2) Behold, I am making all things new –
Only God can create anew. “This is a hard blow to proud, humanistic, no man who believes that he is capable of building a better tomorrow through applied technology. “Leagues of Nations, United Nations, and Conferred human right, five plans or hundred year programs are all foredoomed defeat and frustration. Only God can make new.
3) And HE said ……
God also said this.
4) Write, for these words are faithful and true. –
The making of all things new is such a super-colossal conception that John has been completely astounded by it, and needed to be prompted to keep writing. “The words are
Faithful and true” seems to carry the thought that how stupendous and impossible such
Things may appear to people, God nevertheless certainly create all things new!
Revelations 21:5 written in the Greek is as follows:
Kai eipen o kaqhmenov epi twl qronwl, Idou kaina poiw panta.
Kai legei, Grayon, oti outoi oi logoi pistoi kai alhqinoi eisin.
he that sat upon the throne said…
By whom is meant, either God the Father, who is often represented in this book as sitting on the throne, and as distinguished from Christ the Lamb; see (Revelation 4:2) (Revelation 5:13) (6:16) (7:10) and who may seem the more to be intended, since he is by adopting grace the God and Father of his people, and they are his sons and daughters; or rather Christ, who not only is set down on the same throne with his Father, but has a throne of his own, called the throne of the Lamb, and was seen upon one by John in the preceding vision, (Revelation 20:11) which though in order of time will be after this, yet in the order of the visions was seen before; and especially since the person on the throne speaking, calls himself the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, as Christ does in (Revelation 1:8) and seeing he it is that gives to thirsty souls of the water of life, (John 7:37,38) and makes promises to the over comer so largely and frequently in (Revelation 2:7,11,17,26) (3:5,12,21) . He addresses John, and delivers the following things to him,
I make all things new;
which is to be understood not of the renovation of persons at conversion, when a new heart and spirit are given, and men are made wholly new creatures; for this is the work of the Spirit, and which is done daily, and is not peculiar to any particular period of time; nor of the renewing of the church state at the beginning of the Gospel, when the Jewish church state and ordinances waxed old, and vanished away, and a new covenant took place, a new and living way was opened, and new ordinances appointed, since all this was before John had this vision; nor was there any need of it to represent it to him; but of the making of the new heaven, and the new earth, which Christ ascribes to himself and of his forming his church anew, making it a new Jerusalem, bestowing new glories upon his people, both in soul and body, and so presenting them to himself a glorious church; and of the new administration of his kingdom in a very singular and glorious manner; so that it respects a new people, a new habitation, and a new manner of ruling over them; all which is his own doing, and is marvellous; and because it is a matter of great importance, and is wonderful and certain, therefore a "behold" is prefixed to it; see (Isaiah 43:19) . The Jews say, that the holy blessed God will make ten things new in the future state, or world to come; the first is, he will enlighten the world; (See (Revelation 21:11,23)) the second is, he will bring living water out of Jerusalem; (see (Revelation 21:6)) the third is, he will make trees to bring forth their fruit every month; (see (Revelation 22:2)) and the fourth is, all the waste places shall be built, even Sodom and Gomorrah; the fifth is, Jerusalem shall be built with sapphire stone; (see (Revelation 21:19) ) the sixth is, the cow and the bear shall feed; the seventh is, a covenant shall be made between Israel, and the beasts, fowls, and creeping things; the eighth is, there shall be no more weeping and howling in the world; the ninth is, there shall be no more death in the world; the tenth is, there shall no more be sighing, and groaning, and sorrow in the world; see (Revelation 21:4) .
he said unto me, write;
what John had seen, and Christ had said, and was about to say; and particularly what concerned the renewing of all things, the whole being a matter of moment, and worth noting and taking down in writing, that it might be on record for saints to read, and receive comfort and advantage from; and to denote the certainty of it, as well as to show that it was a clear point, and to be known, whereas, when it was otherwise, he was bid not to write; see (Revelation 1:11,19) (14:13) (19:9) (10:4) .
these words are true and faithful;
both what he had said, and was about to say; they were "true", because they came from God, who cannot lie, and "faithful", because they would be punctually and exactly fulfilled; see (Revelation 19:9)
The chapter in context
describes the eternal and consummated
God took John on a tour and walk, as many will call it and showed him all that is written in the book